Hacks to Make Firefox Faster than Google Chrome - Tech Source: "Google Chrome has now eclipsed Mozilla Firefox in the speed category. However, I still use Firefox as my main web browser because it is still better than Chrome in certain areas."
Impressive :exmark: I was doubtful of this, as I have read a few similar posting that all turned out to be....not so noticeable. However, these tricks I definitely noticed a difference instantly. Pages load much quicker. So, I thought it best to mention this post, so that I could find it again later on.
To summarize, do the following:
1. Go to the about:config page
2. Set these values to true by double-clicking each one of them.
3. Next up, find this entry: network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
Double-click and set the value to 8.
4. Right-click, New --> Integer. Name it nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set the value to 0
5. Right-click, New --> Integer. Name it content.notify.interval and set the value to 500000
6. Right-click, New --> Boolean. Name it content.notify.ontimer and set the value to true
7. Right-click, New --> Integer. Name it content.switch.threshold and set the value to 250000
8. Right-click, New --> Boolean. Name it content.interrupt.parsing and set the value to false
Thanks Jun Auza for a great post!